The Commencement Exercises of our High School, will take place at the M.E. Church, tomorrow evening. The class this year is a very interesting one and in no respect inferior to any that have previously graduated. Our schools under the superintendence of Prof. Clark, have gradually improved, and we are pleased to know that a petition is being successfully circulated, asking to retain him for another year. Changes in school management are always more or less injurious to the progress of the School, and especially so when the management is harmonious, as it now is, in our schools.
Below, we give the programme of the Commencement Exercises:
- Land of Light (Kreutzer)—Maennerchor.
- Prayer—Rev. Ager.
- Manhood—Orris P. Cobb.
- The Worth of Historical Studies—Loie Wymond.
- Hunter’s Chorus (Weber)—Maennerchor.
- Touchy People—Joe C. Wymond.
- The Value of Character—Mecca L. Jones.
- Caprice del Sorte (Rossini)—Mr. Cuscaden.
- “Time and I against any two”—Emma Stratton.
- “Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum.”—Lura Milburn.
- Alpine Ramble (Tobler)—Maennerchor.
- Man of Destiny—Randall Wymond.
- Waves of Civilization—Lizzie Stratton.
- Evening Serenade—Miss Lide Wymond.
- Diplomas presented.
- Soldiers’ Chorus (Verdi)—Maennerchor.