LIST OF ALLOWANCES
Made by the Board of Commissioners of Dearborn county, Ind., at their March session, 1886, and ordered to be published in the Register, as having the largest circulation in said county.
- C Israel, groceries for Mrs. Grasty, Mrs. Pierce, Mrs. Powell, Mrs. C Wright, Mrs. Holden, Perry Carter, J Calvin, A Williamson, Mrs. Cavinaugh, Ben Herron, J D Pelliam, I. Squires, T Harris, K Crider, E Gregory, Wm Bennett, George Diggs, Jos Cross
- Wm Stevenson, groceries for Mrs. Speckman, Mrs. Diggs, Mrs. Jos Rissell, Mrs. Junker, Mrs. John Godfrey, George Laird, M Skinner, C W Anthony, S Mitchell, Cal Sherrod, M Tout
- Tebbs Brothers, groceries for A Trulock, H Young, D Corwell, Mrs. Lanegan, George Eckler, S Parsons, T Boswell, D Moore, Pat Price, J Isenshank, Robert Laughlin
- Archie Shaw, groceries for Alex Holland, Mrs. Swaney, S Mitchell, Mrs. Meyers, C W Anthony, Mrs. Eckler, Wm Tilford
- Mrs. Wm J Fitch, groceries for Mrs. Bruce and sister, Mrs. D Tilford, Mrs. Thos Marshall, Mrs. James Liddle, Mrs. Ed Liddle, M Schaefer, Mrs. S Swaney, Mrs. A McRight
- John Isherwood, groceries for Mrs. Ruby, Mrs. Cavinaugh, Mrs. Speckman, Wm Tilford, S Jeffries
- Sparks Bros., groceries for Mrs. Williams, Halvin Craig, Mrs. Howard, Wm Winters, Mrs. Herron, Mrs. Parsons, Fritz Hinkey
- Joseph McGranaham, groceries for Ben Goodrich, G L Clark, Mrs. Tout
- H R Helmuth & Son, groceries for Brower Rickets, Mrs. Wm Bennett Sr.
- John Deuchle, groceries for John Obringer
- Schleicher Bros., groceries for Thos. Wallace, Mrs. H Boswog
- George Beckenholdt & Co., coal for John Obringer, Mrs. Kaufman, Mrs. Tout, Mrs. Pierce, Mrs. Helfrich, Mrs. McNutt, Mrs. Rissell, Mrs. B Marshall, Mrs. Hester Miles, Mrs. Arnold, Mrs. Tilford, Mrs. Martin, Mrs. Fisher, Mrs. T Marshall, Mrs. Young, Mrs. Ricketts, Mrs. Williamson, Mrs. Ferguson, Mrs. Carter, Mrs. Bruce and sister, Mrs. Stack, Mrs. Palmer, Mrs. Schultzy, Mrs. McRight, Mrs. Taylor Harris, Mrs. Gran, Mrs. Cunningham, Mrs. T Squires, Mrs. Holden, Mrs. Garrison, Mrs. J J Smith, Ben Herron, James White
- Early & Daniel, coal for Mrs. Junker, Mrs. Farrel, Mrs. Wagner, Mrs. Knorr, Mrs. Jones, Mrs. West, Alex Holland, Mrs. Diggs, Mrs. Swaney, Mike Schafer, C W Anthony, H Jackson, Mrs. Mills, Wm Pate, Mrs. Speckman, Mrs. Fisher, Mrs. Lewis, Mrs. Jeffries, Mrs. Marshall
- Fred Wessler, coal for Mattie Savage, Mrs. Sanders, Mrs. Williams, Mrs. Eliz French
- F R Dorman & Co. for J D Pulliam, two pair shoes; Nancy Swaney, dry goods; Mrs. Bright, dry goods; Mrs. Jos Rissell, pair shoes; George Laird, dry goods; Mrs. Tout, shoes; Locy children (orphans), dry goods
- John S Dorman & Co. for Mrs. Jno Eishenshank, 3 pairs shoes; Tom Tracy, one shirt; Transient woman, pair shoes; Mrs. Sours, dry goods; Taylor Roswell, dry goods; David Moore, shoes, etc.; Mrs. Knorr, clothing; Mrs. Eickler, shoes; Mrs. Ruby, shoes for two orphans
- Louis Lotton, meals and lodging for transient poor
- Louis Kohlerman & Son, one coffin and hauling for D Webster
- John Sortwell, digging grave for D Webster
- Greendale Cemetery Co., digging and covering grave of Ann M Beach
- Sam Dickerson, Trustee, for coffin, shroud and carriage, A Lacy, A M Beach, Mrs. Colvin; three coffins and hauling for men killed on C I St. L & C R R; cash items and other expenses for paupers
- Aurora Distilling Co., coal for Wm Theetgee, F Glout, J H Walters, Mr. Mooney, Miss Chamberlain, Mrs. Backdoll, W S Johnson, John Kottell, G W Bailey, Jennie Thompson, Mrs. Kleaver, Mrs. Geo Griffin Jr., Mrs. Campbell, Mrs. Burns
- T W Sargent, coal for Jenny Thompson
- Charles Fehling Jr., groceries for Thomas Acre, John Steig Sr., Mrs. Ross, Henry Knapp, Mary Burns, Jenny Thompson, Mrs. John Lewis
- Giegoldt, Beinkamp & Co., groceries for Wm Theetgee, Mrs. Aurelia Wood, Miss Emma Chamberlain, Mrs. Cath Walker, Jacob Schuler, A M Watkins, Mrs. Lina Noble, R Cooper, Mrs. George Gray, Mrs. F Kleaver, Lee Walcott, Wm McCartney, John Lewis, John Goodpasture, Mrs. Ella Baker, Sarah VanSickle
- Henry Wood, groceries for John Crist, John Lothridge, Eveline Wood, Wm Stepens, John Gray, Wm Brown; coal for R Cooper, Emma Chamberlain, Wilson Crist, Lotta Duval, Mrs. Charles Lambkin, L Heggy, Wm Theetge, Jenny Farrow
- Thomas Wright, groceries for Wm Brown, John Lothridge, Jenny Farrer, John Gray, Reuben Cooper, Wilson Crist, Sarah Smith, Anna Hamilton
- Robert Maybin, groceries for Mrs. R Campbell, Mrs. Mattie Holden, Mrs. Sarah Clark, Mrs. Eliz Warner, Wm McCartney, Wm Brown, Mrs. John Lewis; Geo B Thompson, shoes
- B W Buffington, groceries for Reuben Cooper, Wm Brown, John Steig, Wm McCartney, Anna Broils, Henry Schrader, Emma Chamberlain, Hattie Criss, Kate Walker, Mrs. Duval
- Fred Opperman, groceries for Mrs. Martin Kerrigan, John Kerrigan, Mrs. Mary Hughes, Mrs. Kate Welsh; Owen Hughes, one pair shoes
- Johnston & Co., groceries for Cath Walker, Jacob Schuler
- Albert Bloom, groceries for Cath Houck, L Trester
- Philip Earle, groceries for Mrs. Ross
- W E Lambkin, groceries for Mrs. Charles Lambkins
- Herdegan & Kress, groceries for Charles Bailey Sr.
- Chambers, Stevens & Co., groceries for Winney Carroll, Mrs. Farrer, Mrs. Burns, Mrs. Betner; Charles Bailey Sr., dry goods
- McConnell & McAvoy, dry goods &c. for Mrs. Vahey, Wm Brown, Susan Wooley, Pat Vahey, Mrs. Burns, Caroline Backdoll, George Bailey, Martha Lothridge, Lina Noble and eight children, Mr. Acre and children, Lee Winscott
- Elizabeth Lamar for Nancy Bailey, shoes; Mrs. John Lewis
- For taking paupers to County Asylum, George W Taylor Sr., George W Taylor Jr., F A York & Co.
- E F Feustel, meals and lodging
- Louis Grozholz, meals and lodging
- Fred Mauntel, coffin, shroud and hauling J Dolson; Coffin for Mary Hopping; coffin and shroud, Henry Schroeder
- W T Day, coffin and box, child of W Criss
- George W Mitchell, Trustee, 98 days overseer of poor, cash expended for transportation
- H D Moore, groceries for Isaac Davis
- Fred Homan, groceries for John Border
- F Slater & Son, groceries for E McMahon
- John C Miller, Trustee, cash expended on paupers, as overseer of poor
- Maria Hornady, sundries for G Baker
- Herman Haas, groceries for L Hayes
- G W Bowlby, groceries for M Hathaway
- Benedict Singer, Trustee, cash expended on paupers
- Frank Busald, groceries and dry goods for Wm Miller, Celestin Aman
- P Weis, one barrel flour for Jane Lefler
- Wm Schweitzer, sundries for Jane Lefler
- Susannah Werst, groceries for F Gaffga
- Wm Labbe, groceries for Philip Spring
- John Probst, Trustee, 3 days as overseer of poor
- Joseph A Vogelgesang, taking pauper to County Asylum
- Anthony Schnetzer, taking pauper to County Asylum
- Henry Hammerle, Trustee, overseer of poor
- Wm F Crocker, groceries for Mrs. Laborn, Benj Murray
- Thos Emerson, groceries for Geo Collier
- J C Vandolah, groceries, Jane Peasley
- D C Misner, coffin for Wm Goodpasture
- John Renck, wood for Elizabeth Ward
- Jas Lods, Trustee, valise for Ida Folenius
- T W Cottingham, Trustee, groceries for Sadie James, Mary Peters, overseeing poor
- James M Wheeler, groceries for Cath Welsh, Adam Steel, John Cooper, Mary Hopping, Mrs. Lothridge
- Wm J Smith, Trustee, overseer of poor
- Modest Bellman & Bro., pressing hay
- Lawrenceburgh & Napoleon Turnpike Co., toll for quarter
- Francis Swales, doctoring horse
- Alex Ruble, mending shoes
- Philip Weis, flour
- Wm F Crocker, sundries
- Sparks Bros., clover seed
- Chambers, Stevens & Co., dry goods
- Thos. Duncan, cash paid out
- Tebbs Bros., meat furnished by G W Hall
- Elizabeth Lamar, shoes, etc.
- O P Cobb & Co., five locks
- Giegoldt, Beinkamp & Co., groceries
- H P Spaeth & Co., lamps, tin cups &c.
- Robert Maybin, jeans and boots
- Gerhardt Gilbert, repairing wagons, etc.
- Benj Morton, pork
- Al Bloom, seed
- Lena Epstein, clothing
- Sebastian Greenham, one bull
- R C Claspill, horseshoeing
- Lewis Probst, pork
- Thos Duncan, Quarter salary as Supt
- Charlotte Duncan, qr salary as Matron
- Albert Holcombe, work on farm
- John Sims, work on farm
- Kate Wilson, work on farm
- Sarah Collier, work on farm
Roads and Highways.
- Dan M Guard, serving road viewers
- A T Gridley, searching records for road and platting same
- Rudolph Wolf, land taken for road
- Harriett Little, land taken for road
- Abe Briggs, damages for fences and crops
- O S Mulford, swearing road viewers
- Jno Cairns, swearing road viewers
- Benj Wethered, service road view
- Harrison Abbott, service road view
- Albert Gerkin, shoveling coal
- Lawrenceburgh Gas Co., gas for quarter
- Early & Daniel, coal
- Tebbs Bros., soap for jail
- J S Dorman & Co., blankets, etc., for jail
- P J Emmert, flags for decoration
- Schleicher Bros., oil for jail
- Sparks Bros., oil for janitor
- Henry Gerkin, matches
- Andrew Young, repairing furniture etc.
- John Grelle, repairing furniture etc.
- I Crist & Son, hardware for windows
- Pat Garrity, balance due on fill
- Chas M White, ferrying four days
- Ernest Everhardt, work on ferry
- Walter Fitch, making estimates
- Charles Schindler, work on float
- Robert Mason, locust posts for fill
- H C Westmeyer, hauling roads etc.
- Enos Barrott, damages for horse
- L Kohlerman & Son, carriage to County Asylum
- R H Gould, carriage to J Buchert’s funeral
- James Murdock Jr., repairing seal
- Martin Kieffer, frame
- Jas D Gatch, Treasurer, stamps etc.
- H B Hill, Co. Supt., stamps etc.
- Warren Tebbs, Clerk, stamps etc.
- Juilus Severin, Aud, stamps and express
Books and Stationery.
- Sentinel Co., books, blanks, etc.
- Sam Chapman, printing justice blanks
- Haskell Engraving Co., seals for court
- Schlicht & Field, pat Index for Recorder
- M Kieffer, paper, ink, etc.
- Hunter & O’Brien, printing blanks, etc.
- Julius Severin, Auditor
- James D Gatch, Treas.
- Nic Vogelgesang, Commissioner
- Charles Fisk, Commissioner
- Geo A Swales, Commissioner
Expense of Criminals.
- Dan Guard, boarding prisoners
- F R Dorman & Co., shoes for prisoners
- Dan M Guard, serving jury
Commissioner’s Court Expense.
- Dan Guard, summoning Commissioners.
Board of Health.
- C G Waiters, M D, Sec’y, stamps, etc.
- Warren Tebbs, Clerk, making marriage certificates
- Harry Nowlin, making Assessors’ maps
- Fred Wagner, paper for maps
- Harvey B Hill, quarterly salary
- Levi Cornwell, cleaning bridge
- John Griffin, sand for bridge