This list describes where to find digital versions of published Indiana Law books to 1853. Additional links will be added in the future.
Please let me know if you find any additional published laws books online by sending me an email.
Note: Google Books digitized multiple sessions in one ebook. You may need to scroll through the book to find the session you are seeking.
Northwest Territory (1787-1803) – See Territorial Laws.
Indiana Territory (1801-1816) – See Territorial Laws.
State of Indiana
Laws for each session of the Indiana General Assembly were published. Between the 19th and 36th sessions (1834-1851) the general laws and the local laws were published separately. Sessions were held annually until 1857 and biannually on odd years since 1857.
Revised Laws or Statutes combine previous session laws, amendments, and repeals into one accessible code.
- 1824 Revised Laws – Google Books
- 1831 Revised Laws – Internet Archive
- 1838 Revised Laws – Google Books
- 1843 Revised Statutes – HathiTrust
- 1852 Revised Statutes (2 volumes) – HathiTrust
- 1881 Revised Statutes (3 volumes) – HathiTrust
- 1894 Annotated States (4 volumes) – HathiTrust
Indiana Law Guides
- Indiana Legal Research – Jerome Hall Law Library, Indiana University
- Bowker’s State Publications – Digital Archive – Indiana University
- A Descriptive Catalogue of the Official Publications of the Territory and State of Indiana from 1800 to 1890 – Google Books
History of Indiana Law:
- Monks, Leander J, editor. Courts and Lawyers of Indiana. Indianapolis : Federal Publishing Co., 1916. 3 volumes.
- Bodenhamer, David T. and Randall T. Shepard, editors. The History of Indiana Law. Athens, Ohio : Ohio University Press, 2006.
- Bodenhamer, David J. The Pursuit of Justice: Crime and Punishment in Antebellum Indiana. New York : Garland, 1986.