At the THIRD ANNUAL FAIR
Of the Lawrenceburg Agricultural Association, Held August 22d, 23d, 24th, 25th and 26th, 1882.
- Biah Hayes, brahmas
- Jno Sortwell, cochin
- Wm E Davis, gold spangled Polands
- Arch Bruce, game
- A C Hayes, houdons, Plymouth Rock, turkeys, rowen ducks, Aylesbery ducks, geese, best collection
- Wm. Kestner, Pekin Ducks
- Wm Fike, two-horse carriage
- Hazelrigg & Co., top buggy
- Wm Fike, open buggy
- Miami Valley Furniture Co., piece cabinet work
- E Sharp, half dozen art cabinet
- H G Kidd, display tinware
- J W Roberts, display saddle work
- Albert Wuest, display boots and shoes
- G E Laird, col edge tools, col hardware
- E A Hillman, col queensware
- A G Huffman, display horse shoes
- Mrs. A G Jackson, white quilt
- Nora Grimes, calico patch quilt
- Mrs. A G Jackson, worsted patch quilt
- Mrs. M J Love, silk patch quilt
- Mrs. A G Jackson, log cabin quilt
- Mrs. L Harland, red comfort
- Mrs. P D Stagg, woolen comfort
- Mrs. John Garnier, crochet counterpane
- Mrs. Will Cumback Jr., calico dress
- Mrs. A G Jackson, bonnet
- Mrs. S. Strausberger, display millinery
- Mrs. Will Cumback Jr., lady’s morning wrapper
- Mrs. L Harland, silk dress
- Mrs. P D Stagg, pair lambrequins
- Mrs. L Harland, gent’s dressing gown
- Mrs. P D Stagg, lady’s quilted shirt
- Solomon Hayes, specimen fall apples, display apples, display winter apples, display apples, specimen peaches, specimen pears, display pears, display plums, specimen grapes, display grapes, display fruits
- H C Vincent, specimen winter apples
- Joseph White, specimen peaches
- Otha Lowe, specimen potatoes
- A C Hayes, half bush sweet potatoes, dozen beets, dozen parsnips, half bush onions, peck tomatoes, three muskmelons, peck white beans, dozen peppers, half bush yellow corn, half bush white wheat, half bush red wheat, half bush oats, half bush millet, twelve slocks sargho, display grain
- Solomon Hayes, dozen carrots
- Mrs. A House, dozen cabbage
- James McKinney, half bush white corn
- Leonard Randall, half bush barley
- Sunman & Morrow, half bush timothy
- A E Nowlin, twelve ears corn on stock
- Wm Clore, general purpose plow, shovel plow, double shovel plow
- W H Murdoch, wheat drill
- W H Mordoch, 1st.
- Wm Clare, 2d.
- Mrs. A G Jackson, five yards wool carpet
- Prudence Gra[?], rag carpet
- Mrs. L Harland, pair home-made blankets
- Mrs. A G Jackson, pair woolen knit stockings, pair woolen knit gloves, hearth rug
- Mrs. L Harland, cotton stockings, child’s sacque
- Mrs. P D Stagg, cotton socks, woolen mittens, cloth mittens
- Anna A Mathias, foot mat
- Mrs. Will Camback Jr. infant’s crochet afgan
- Miss Lizzie Langley, lady’s crochet hood
- Miss Georgie Torence, fancy hood
- Annie Hess, paper flowers
- Mrs. Will Dobell, feather flowers, wax flowers
- Mrs. Belle Mason, variety split work
- S E Laird, bead work
- Miss America Sparks, rustic work
- Mrs. M Lang, work
- Carrie Slate, specimen hair work
- P D Stagg, lady’s watch case, gent’s watch case
- U S Ronnie, specimen India ink drawing
- Mrs. J R Trisler, specimen crayon drawing
- Fred Opperman, specimen lead pencil drawing
- Miss M L Collins, specimen oil drawing, col paintings, col lead pencil drawing
- Ora Kinsinger, statuary
- Mrs. J R Trisler, col crayon drawing
- Simon Humfelt, three verbenas in bloom, three fushias in bloom, three geraniums in bloom, three roses, poted myrtle, turtle geranium, col ferns, col ivies, col lycopodeums, specimen lycopodeums
- Mrs. Shroeder, specimen cactus
- Mrs. Dr. Gatch, pot trellis, calla lily, Begonias, display plants, col flax, display petunias
- Resin Reese, hanging basket
- Mrs. Dr. Hunter, specimen ferns
- Simon Humfelt, verbenas, dahlias, gladiolus, roses, assorted flowers, round bouquet, conical bouquet, flat bouquet
- Mrs. Dr. Gatch, piece rustice work with plants
SPEED RING—GREEN PACE.
- W P Maxwell, Laura J
- L M Sinclair, Silvertail
- F M Ferguson, Fannie
- W E Pullen, Dollie Stout
- Chas St Clair, Modoe
- E W Pullen, Radcliffe
- H Mason, Glenrock
- A B Lewis, Leverage
- Works Jr., Joan D
- German, Leroy
- St. Clair, Amy King
- Ferguson, Alvira
- Hensan Blanche
- Walker Bannister
- Sales, Messenger
- Frank Cobb, any age, 1st
- Frank Cobb, 1 yr, 1st
- J W Beckett, calf, 1st
- Frank Cobb, 3 yrs, 1st; J W Beckett, 2d
- J W Beckett, 2 yrs, 1st; G W Johnston, 2d
- Frank Cobb, 1 yr, 1st; E Small, 2d
- G W Johnson, calf, 1st; Frank Cobb, 2d
- John Vail, bull, 1st; G W Johnston, 2d
- Hamilton & Co., cow, 1st; John Vail, 2d
SHORT HORN BULLS.
- J H McDaniel, any age, 1st; J W Beckett, 2d
- J W Beckett, under 2 yrs, 1st
- J H McDaniel, 1 yr, 1st; J W Beckett, 2d
- McDaniel, calf, 1st; Beckett, 2d
- McDaniel, 3 yrs, 1st; Beckett, 2d
- McDaniel, 2 yrs, 1st
- J. W. Beckett, 1st; McDaniel, 2d
- Beckett, calf, 1st and 2d
- W S & W E Walton, 4 yrs, 1st; J W Gaines, 2d
- R B[?]ing, 3 yrs, 1st; O P Monroe, 2d
- W S & W E Walton, 2 yr, 1st; Thomas J Walker, 2d
- Morton Mulford, 1 yr, 1st
- Frank Turner, colt, 1st; J G Parks, 2d
- R B King, 4 yrs, 1st; Robt Hudleston, 2d
- J R McConnel, 3 yrs, 1st; Geo W Johnston, 2d
- Morton Mulford, 2 yrs, 1st
- J W Gaines, 1 yr, 1st; E Small, 2d
- Robt Hudleston, colt, 1st
- Geo W Johnston, 4 yrs, 1st.
- J E Terrill, 4 yrs, 1st; F M Ferguson, 2d.
- W W Botts, under 4 yrs, 1st; R D Hedges, 2d
- Riddel & Norris, 1st; J A Worst, 2d
- J W Gaines, any age, 1st; F Small, 2d
- J W Gaines, 3 yrs, 1st; W B Corbin, 2d
- O Wittaker, colt, 1st
- W B Corbin, span, 1st; J Yanna, 2d
GENERAL PURPOSE HORSES.
- John R Cole & Son, 4 yrs, 1st; Riddle & Norris, 2d
- R G Abbot, 3 yrs, 1st; O P Munroe, 2d
- Riddle & Norris, 2 yrs, 1st; E Smyll, 2d
- R D Hedges, 1 yr, 1st; J G Jewett, 2d
- Ed Gaines, colt, 1st; J W Connoway, 2d
- Riddle & Norris, 4 yrs, 1st; L W Sinclair, 2d
- Riddle & Norris, 3 yrs, 1st; Wm Conner, 2d
- J W Connoway, 2 yrs, 1st; Riddle & Norris, 2d
- Riddle & Norris, colt, 1st
- W W Bryson, 1st; F Briddle, 2d
- A E Nowlin, 3 yrs, 1st
- J H McDaniel, bull, 1st
- Hamilton & Co., milch cow, 1st
- McDaniel, herd, 1st; J W Beckett, 2d
FINE WOOL SHEEP.
- Sunman & Morrow, buck, 1st; W A Butterfield, 2d
- Sunman & Morrow, ewe, 1st
- Sunman & Morrow, lamb, 1st
LONG WOOL SHEEP.
- J W Beckett, buck, 1st; Sunman & Morrow, 2d
- J W Beckett, 1st; Sunman & Morrow, 2d
- J W Beckett, lamb, 1st
- J W Beckett, buck lamb, 1st; Sunman & Morrow, 2d
- J W Beckett, buck and ewe
- John Chidlaw, boars, 2 yrs, 1st; J S Jewett, 2d
- Wm Livingston, 1 yr, 1st; F Buffington, 2d
- A D Happing, 1st
- Henry Happing, pig, 1st; John Jernett, 2d
- Henry Hopping, 2 yrs, 1st
- Wm Livingston, 1 yr, 1st; John G Jernet, 2d
- Wm Livingston, pig, 1st; J Jernet, 2d
- Wm Livingston, sow with five sucking pigs, 1st
UNCLASSIFIED COMPLIMENTARY MENTION.
- Ed Holthouse, spring matress
- Omer Crontz, moulding iron
- J F Hornberger, case jewelry
- W H Murdoch, grain distributor, hay rake, plows, fertilizer, &c.
- Nettie Brodbeck, trans painting tidy and cushion
- Mrs. W P Maxwell, picture frame
- U J H Ratjen, geological specimens and relics
- G E Laird, satin tidy
- Carrie Kelley, chromo
- L Kupherschmidt, jewelry
- Joe May, display of fur goods
- Anna Robinson, pole beans
- Mary Ranson, white rabbits
- Mrs. Alf Gaines, knit mits
- Wm Clare, plows and harrows
- Wm Kestner, Leghorn chickens
- Henry Menke, Leghorn chickens
- W G Rennie, portrait paintings
LIGHT HARNESS HORSES.
- Stallion 4 years, R T German, 1st; Riddle & Norris, 2d.
- Stallion 3 years, Edwin Mead, 1st
- Stallion under 1 year, Terrill Bros., 1st; John Conaway, 2d
- Mare 4 years, R T German, 1st; John Yanney, 2d
- Mare 3 years, Jesse D Hunt, 1st; John R Cole & Son, 2d
- Mare 2 years, Terrill Bros, 1st; John W Conaway, 2d
- Mare 1 year, Riddell & Norris
- Geldings, 4 years, Riddell & Norris, 1st; J A Works, 2d
- Geldings 3 years, Terrill Bros, 1st; Frank Cobb, 2d
- Best pair matched geldings, W W Bryson, 1st; J A Works, 2d
- Pair matched mares, Riddell & Norris
- Best stallion, John R Cole & Son
- Best brood mare, Riddell & Norris
- Sucking colt, Terrill Bros.
NEEDLE AND FANCY WORK.
- Mrs. S Harlan—embroidered yoke and sleeves, chair cover, sofa cushion, handkerchief, flannel skirt, Chinese slippers, worsted embroidery, child’s dress, chemise, pin cushion, fancy work on card board.
- Mrs. A G Jackson—Ottoman cover, infant’s dress, infant’s cloak, cotton embroidery, bobbinet work, vase mats, scrap sack, five articles by machine, lady’s suit of underwear, and collection of articles made by hand.
- Miss M R Housekeeper—infant’s sacque, chair tidy, silk embroidery, linen embroidery, lady’s cuffs and collars, worsted chair tidy.
- Mrs. Dick Nelson—Lady’s skirt.
- Mrs. P D Stagg—worsted slippers, lady’s fancy apron, tasting, worsted crochet work, chain-stitch slippers, lady’s drawers.
- Mrs. C Dandy—Embroidered chemise, specimen puffing.
- Miss Georgie Torrence—Pillow slips embroidery.
- Mrs. Will Cumback Jr.—Braided pillow slips, yoke and sleeves, slippers, gent’s shirt, lady’s night dress.
- [?] Laird—Specimen ruffing.
- Fannie Braun—Toilet set.
- Mrs. Dr. Terrill—Needle work by hand.
- Mrs. A H Gaines—Specimen tucking.
- Miss Sallie Lindsay—Cake tidies.
- Miss Julia Stockman—Lamp mats.
- Miss M E McLellen—Lady’s collars.
- Emma Hammerle—Motto on perforated card board.
- Miss Lizzie Langley—Cotton crochet work.
- Miss Mattie Givan—Darning on net.
- Mrs. R E Larimer—Needle work by girl under 12 years.
- Miss C P Early—Lace work.
- Miss Lou Fike—Cotton chair tidy.
CAKES, BREAD, &c.
- Mrs. R Mason—Sponge cake, pound cake, yeast bread, sugar snaps, tomato butter.
- Maggie Murnan—Jelly cake, gold cake.
- Florence Lucas—Cup cake.
- Mrs. Otha Lowe—Milk rising bread, corn bread.
- Solomon Hayes—maple molasses.
JELLIES, PRESERVES &c.
- Mrs. R Mason—Apple preserves, grape preserves, blackberry preserves, pear preserves, grape jelly.
- Mrs. A G Jackson—Plum preserves, quince preserves, collection preserves, citron jelly, collection jellies, canned apples, canned cherries, grapes, blackberries, gooseberries, currants, citron, pears, raspberries, and crab apples, dried fruits and specimen vinegar.
- Ann Robinson—Plum jelly.
- Miss Esther Griffin—Canned peaches, plums, tomatoes.
- Mrs. Ed Jones—Cucumber pickles, tomato pickles.
- Miss Lilly Griffin, Beet pickles, and sour pickles.
- Miss R Mason—catsup.
- Miss Nannie Griffin—Blackberry and ciderberry wine.
- George Huschart & Co.
- Best lady equestrian, Miss Lizzie Hill.
- Second best, Mrs. James Thomason.
- Best gentleman rider, Marsie Riddell.
- Second best, Robert Collins.
- Henry Pfalzgraf, 1st; Perry Croser, 2d.