Probate records take 4 different forms. Will books record wills that have been approved and probated. Order Books give the day to day court proceedings of the Probate Court. Complete Record Books contain the full record of settled estates. Packets contain all the loose papers filed to the Probate Court.
Read more about Indiana probate records on the GenWishList blog.
Learn more what records, indexes and abstracts are available for Switzerland County, Indiana:
- Probate Order Books
- Probate Complete Record Books
- Probate Packets have not been microfilmed or digitized. They are available at the Switzerland County Courthouse.
- Indiana, Wills and Probate Records, 1798-1999 (Ancestry.com with subscription)
- Indiana State Library:
- Complete Probate Records, 1835-1947
- Probate Indexes, 1827-1902
- Probate Records, 1827-1834
- Probate Order Books, 1814-1824, 1831-1919
- Wills, 1823-1919
- Family History Library:
- Probate Order Books, Nov 1814 – 26 May 1923
- Probate Records, Mar 1827 – Feb 1947
- Complete Probate Records, Court of Common Pleas, 5 Oct 1857 – 11 Sep 1872
- Wills, Jan 1823 – Aug 1935