The Board of County Commissioners—Col. Fred. Slater, Abram Briggs and Michael Hoff—met in regular session on the 5th inst. The following persons were granted license to retail spirituous and malt liquors: Nie Fahlbush, Martin Koehler, Pius Frederick, Stephen Meier, Frank Volz, Lawrenceburgh. Charles Martin, Leonard Richt, John Quigley, Aurora.
The following appointments of the County Asylum for one year:
- W. C. Henry, M.D., physician and surgeon to the poor of Centre township for one year, for $100.
- Drs. Gatch & Miller, physicians and surgeons to the poor of Lawrenceburgh township for one year, for $100.
- Dr. L. J. Collins, physician and surgeon to the poor of York township for one year, for $25.
- Dr. W. H. Swales, physician and surgeon to the poor of Harrison, Logan, Miller and Kelso townships for one year for $100.
Haynes & Thompson, Attorneys to the Board of Commissioners for one year for the sum of $150.
The annual reports of Township Trustees were made, and will appear in due time. Also the allowances made by the Board.
The Mount Sinai Cemetery Society offered certain grounds in said Cemetery for a burial place for the Poor of Dearborn County, which offer was accepted by the Board.
Dr. P. Fermier was appointed Physician and Surgeon for one year to the poor of Jackson township, at a salary of twenty-five dollars.
The Board selected the following named persons as Grand Jurors of the Circuit Court for the year following, to-wit:
- For the April term.—Jacob Gafga, Lawrence Kappis, Chas. Libbert, Fred Ginter, Thos. Gaynor, Chris. Smith.
- For the November Term.—Sam’l Dickenson, Adam Glaub, James Lods, Nathaniel Elliot, Thos. Greenland, Harrison Abbott.
Hamilton Conaway, H. Thompson, A. G. Withrow and one hundred and nine other citizens of Clay township, petitioned for the building of a bridge over and across South Hogan Creek, near Dillsboro Station. The petition was received, and the consideration of the matter deferred until the June session of the Board.
The members of the Dearborn County bar petitioned for the purchase of a clock for the court room. Petition granted, and Commissioner Slater was appointed to purchase the same.
The Bills allowed by the Board will be published in due time.