CIRCUIT COURT.—This Court is now in session in this place, Judge Berkshire presiding. The following cases have been disposed of:
- 57 liquor cases—Change of venue from Judge; to be tried before some other Judge on the 4th Monday of March, 1865.
- State vs. Anderson Banta—Murder. Verdict, not guilty.
- State vs. David Steel, Jr.—Seduction. Change from county; sent to Ohio Circuit Court.
- State vs. Christopher Carver—Assault and battery with intent to commit rape. Dismissed by Prosecuting Attorney.
- State vs. Francis M. Scott—Perjury. Change from county; sent to Ohio.
- Franklin College vs. Hugh L. Harris—On note. Judgment by default for $75.
- Wm. J. Gibbs vs. Hugh B. Downey—For possession of real estate. Judgment in favor of plaintiff for possession of land, and one cent damages.
- Robert N. Lamb vs. T. J. Vanosdol. Default and judgment for $87.57.
- Geo. W. Mitchel, Administrator, &c., vs. Randall Zine. Judgment by default for $350.
- Alexander Edgar, et al, vs. Lewis P. Roberts, et al—Foreclosure of mortgage. Judgment of $119.60 and the foreclosure of the mortgage.
The following cases were dismissed by the plaintiffs:
- Wm. Hall vs. Euphenia Lindly, et al—Partition.
- Benjamin J. Stoops vs. D. H. Blunk, et al—Foreclosure.
- Andrew J. Scudder vs. Margaret Scudder—Divorce.
- Gabriel Phillips vs. John Lewis, et al—Proceedings supplementary to execution.
- Joshua Smithson vs. Noah N. Martin, et al—For Injunction.
- John W. Adams vs. J. D. Griffith, Administrator of Thomas Adams estate.
- Wm. Patton, et al, vs. Argus D. Vanosdol—On contract.
- John Higham vs. Stephen Stewart, et al—Foreclosure.
The following cases were continued:
- Hugh Adkinson vs. Wm. Bradley, et al—Foreclosure.
- Samuel Gould vs. Robert Klien—On account.
- Moses Osborne vs. Robert Klien—On account.
- Franklin Dufour vs. Charles Thiebaud, et al—Damages.
- John S. Heady vs. Henry C. Picket, et al—Damages.
- George Ann Blodget vs. Isaac Brown—Breach of promise of Marriage.
- David Miller, et al, vs. Dudley Smith, et al—To correct mistake in Deed.
- Joseph McClanahan vs. Caroline McClanahan—Divorce.
- Alexander McDonald vs. Margaret McDonald—Divorce.
- Milton Rea vs. Henry Charleton—Contract.
These are all the cases that have been disposed of up to this time [Wednesday noon.] We learn that the Court will continue its session until Saturday evening.