LIST OF ALLOWANCES
Made by the Board of County Commissioners of Switzerland County, Indiana, at their regular September Term, 1892:
For Posey Township, last quarter—Jacob C. Baker, Trustee.
- Howe & Haigh, for H. D. Herrick, $2.00
- Harris & Galbreath, goods for Christian Icenogle, $5.00
- W. J. Platt, goods for Maria Staith, $3.00
- Green Brothers, goods for John Banks, $3.00
For York Township, last quarter—George Clendening, Trustee.
- W. C. & S. L. Benedict, for Mrs. Edwards, $8.00
- Geo. N. Reeves, for Rebecca Scudder and Harriet Burk, $9.00
- O’Neal & Belden, for Calvin Fredenburg, $4.00
- W. A. Williams, for Mrs. Wm. Krutz, $2.00
- Jno. M. W. Langsdale, goods for Margaret See, $3.50
- Indiana Fulton, keeping Sallie Nipper, $5.00
- Mrs. McClanahan, keeping tramps, $1.00
- Schrumpf & Told, goods for S. & L. Miller, N. & S. Skidmore and C. Fredenburg, $30.00
For Cotton Township, last quarter—John W. VanOsdol, Trustee.
- James H. Gibbs, for Harry Humphrey, $20.00
- S. R. Heath, goods for Mary Tague, $8.00
- Murphy & Hizer, for R. Sedam & D. Tibbetts, $10.26
- Sarah Lawton, keeping Ben Pelsor, $10.00
- Thomas Lawton, keeping Hugh Pelsor, $5.50
- O. H. P. Sedam, keeping Earl Miles, $8.00
- Hugh Pickett, keeping Leona & Lola Pelsor, $18.00
- Harvey Faudre, keeping May Johnson and Orville Bosaw, $18.00
- E. G. Seymour, coffin for Harry Humphrey, $7.00
For Pleasant Township, last quarter—B. F. Rogers, Trustee.
- Bascom & VanOsdol, for Maria Lientz and Jane Nelson, $11.00
- Lawrence Welch, for Wm. Riley, $6.00
- A. C. Adams, Sr., for Maria Lientz, $3.00
- Abe Weaver, for Mrs. McDaniel, $2.75
- Thomas Lazenby, moving Lizzie Redmon, $1.00
- Jno. O. Smith, keeping Frank and Geo. Manford, $10.00
- Mary Rogers, keeping Anna Bray, $8.00
For Craig Township, last quarter—George D. Madary, Trustee.
- Christian Sailor, keeping Marg’t Gray and 2 children, $5.00
- N. M. Fallis, for Ostrander family, $10.00
- B. F. Simpson, for Nancy Hoffman family, $2.50
- Geo. S. Pleasants, fee for apprenticing C. Lattlejohn, $5.00
- W. C. Benedict, Clerk, same, $0.95
For Jefferson Township, last quarter—Charles McVey, Trustee.
- Geo. N. Reeves, for Lorina Courtney and children and Sarah Burk, $26.00
- Loring & Clendening, for Jos. Bullock, $1.85
- Alfred Rous, coal for Perry Raymond and Mrs. Saberton, $2.00
- Henry Trafelet, taking paupers to County Asylum, $8.00
- F. L. Grisard, for sundry poor persons as per bill, $61.00
- Belden & Hizer, for Stephen Walcott, $2.00
- A. J. Schenck, for Agnes Boggs, $10.00
- Mrs. Adrian Wolf, keeping Bennie Barker, $8.00
- Noah N. Martin, quarterly allowance, $10.00
Miscellaneous Pauper Expense.
- Loring & Clendening, for Newt Short, $2.00
- Jno. W. Smiley, 2 coffins for paupers, $11.00
- E. M. Stevens & Co., supplies for school children, $0.75
County Asylum Expense.
- Frank Rosenberger, for poor asylum, $3.80
- J. K. Pleasants, lumber for poor asylum, $7.00
- A. J. Schenck, supplies for repairs for poor asylum, $6.75
- Hall & Lewis, sheeting for poor asylum, $7.88
- J. N. Brindley, Sup’t County Asylum, $220.20
Physicians for Poor.
- P. S. Sage, medical attention, poor of Jefferson township, $25.00
- P. S. Sage, same, Craig Township, $20.00
COUNTY OFFICERS’ FEES & SALARIES.
- Peter R. Lostutter, Co. Supt, $300.00
- John H. Daubenheyer, Co. Assessor, $267.00
- Wm. Tait, County Treasurer, $200.00
- Geo. S. Pleasants, Co. Attorney, $15.00
- Jos. E. Hart, Auditor, $505.22
- Oscar Williamson, fees, etc., $11.05
- Wm. O. Marble, 4 days as Commissioner, $11.00
- C. D. Green, 4 days Commissioner, $11.00
- Geo. W. Sanders, 4 days Commissioner, $11.00
- Oscar Williamson, 5 days as Sheriff Commissioners’ Court, $8.00
BOOKS, STATIONERY & PRINTING.
- Wilson, Humphrey & Co., supplies for Co. officers, $6.25
- Wm. B. Burford, supplies for Court House, $9.82
- P. T. Hartford, printing, etc., $30.00
- W. J. Baird, printing, etc., $41.30
- Jno. Henry, binding, $3.25
- The Sentinel Printing Co., supplies for officers, $17.85
- M. C. Walden, printing, etc., $48.75
- Oscar Williamson, Sh’ff, boarding criminals, $120.60
COURT HOUSE EXPENSE.
- E. M. Stevens & Co., glass for Court House, $2.90
- Union Furniture Co., desk and filing case for Recorder, $18.00
- Jos. E. Hart, Auditor, office expense, $3.20
- Wm. Tait, Treasurer, office expense, $2.00
- A. J. Schenck, supplies for Court House, $5.11
- Hiram Corn, fee for Court House, $1.00
- Nat M. Fallis, supplies for Court House, $2.00
- Z. I. Yonge, matting for Court House, $29.25
- Fred L. Grisard, supplies for Court House, $4.42
- Oscar Williamson, care Court House, yard, etc., $36.00
BRIDGE & HIGHWAY EXPENSE.
- J. S. Johnson, labor and lumber, $7.50
- E. M. Stevens & Co., paint for bridges, $7.95
- F. L. Grisard, for repairs on bridges, $5.45
- F. M. Griffith, investigating claim of Attorney General, $10.00
- W. O. Marble, telegram to Patriot and return, $0.50
- C. E. Miller, delivering telegram to R. Poske, $2.00