A session of the Circuit Court will be held in this place, commencing Monday, March 24th. Judge Berkshire will not arrive until Monday night, consequently the Sheriff will only formally open and close the Court on Monday. Witnesses should bin in Court by 1 o’clock, P. M. on Tuesday.
The following gentlemen have been selected to act as Grand Juryman for the Circuit Court on March 24th:
- Jefferson Township—Solomon Waldon and David Dyer.
- York—Nicholas N. Keith and John Hastie.
- Posey—Indianaus Humphery and John Boyle.
- Cotton—Horace M. Ayers and Henry Dibble.
- Pleasant—Nimrod Holgorth and Hugh W. Brown.
- Craig—Augustus Hatton and Wm. H. Stewart.
The following is the Traverse Jury, to serve at the March Term of the Circuit Court:
- Jefferson—Allen Markland and Robert Miller.
- York—Joseph Patterson and John M. Dunn.
- Posey—Wm. Fish and Levi S. North.
- Cotton—John Bocock and James M. Gilbert.
- Pleasant—Henry Peiper and John Hannas.
- Craig—George W. Haskell and John H. Brown.
Thomas Bell, charged with stealing a horse, was taken to Versailles last week on a bench warrant, issued by Judge Berkshire. Bell asked for a change of venue which was granted and he was again returned to Switzerland county. He will probably be tried at the next term of the Circuit Court.