Below we present a partial list of the premiums awarded at the Fair of the Dearborn County Agricultural Society, held at this place. We obtained the list too late for publication, in our last issue. We will publish the remainder next week:
HORSES FOR GENERAL PURPOSES.
- Stallions 4 years old and over—G C Graddy, 1st; R L Willis, 2d.
- Stallions 3 years old—G C Graddy, 1st.
- Stallions 2 years old—Judson Curtis, 1st; H Bradley, 2d.
- Stallions 1 year old—N Carpenter, 1st; Alonzo Thompson, 2d.
- Stallion colts under 1 year—Richard Botts, 1st; Morgan Rice, 2d.
- Mares 4 years old and over—H Bradley, 1st; R Botts, 2d.
- Mares 3 years old—B L Gaines, 1st.
- Mares 2 years old—Henry Wood, 1st.
- Mares 1 year old—Wm Draper, 1st; J Huston, 2d.
- Mare colts—Jesse Burton, 1st; Fletcher Clore, 2d.
- Geldings 4 years old and over—H E Moore, 1st; O H Conrad, 2d.
- Geldings 3 years old—J C Graddy, 1st.
- Geldings 2 years old—C H Curtis, 1st.
- Brood mares of any age—J N Moody, 1st; Jas Huston, 2d.
HORSES FOR HEAVY DRAFT.
- Stallions 4 years old and over—J L Mulford, 1st; John Carson, 2d.
- Colts under 1 year—John Norris, 1st; J C Jenkins, 2d.
- Mares 4 years and over—Wm Grant, 1st.
- Mares 3 years old—Elijah Greer, 1st.
- Mares 2 years old—A D Hopping, 1st.
- Mares 1 year old—A D Hopping, 1st.
- Geldings 4 years old and over—James McQuithey, 1st; Elijah Greer, 2d.
- Geldings 3 years old—O W Hughes, 1st.
- Geldings 2 years old—Marcus Collins, 1st; Elijah Greer, 2d.
- Brood mares—John Norris, 1st.
HORSES FOR LIGHT DRAFT.
- Stallions 4 years old and over—Jacob Piatt, 1st; Joseph Conner, 2d.
- Stallions 3 years old—R L Willis, 1st.
- Stallions 2 years old—N W Botts, 1st; G C Graddy, 2d.
- Stallions 1 year old—Enos Buffington, 1st.
- Stallion colts—C Arnold, 1st; T Sullivan, 2d.
- Mares 4 years old and over—Enos Buffington, 1st.
- Mares 2 years old—Wm Wheeler, 1st; J C Jennkins, 2d.
- Mare colts—N Carpenter, 1st; Enos Buffington, 2d.
- Geldings 4 years old and over—Geo Johnson, 1st; D C Beck, 2d.
- Geldings 2 years old—J S Cole, 1st; J C Jenkens, 2d.
- Brood mares—C Arnold, 1st.
- Mare of any age—James Rogers.
- Gelding—J W Lail.
SINGLE HARNESS HORSES.
- Horse, mare or gelding—O H Conrad.
- Pair geldings—O H Conrad.
SWEEPSTAKES FOR STALLIONS AND MARES.
- Stallions exhibiting 3 or more colts—J O Graddy.
- Brood mares exhibiting 1 or more colts—J N Moody.
- Sucking colt—John Norris.
- Trotting horse, mare or gelding, under 4 years old—R L Willis.
- Racking horse, mare or gelding, style and action to be the test—J C Graddy.
- Note.—The above trial of speed took place on Tuesday. Owing to the condition of the track, there were no other trials of speed.
MULES AND JACKS.
- Jack of any age—N Carpenter, 1st, O S Mulford, 2d.
- Jennet of any age—O S Mulford, 1st; Mulford & Hughes, 2d.
- Mule 3 years old—Jas North, 1st.
- Mule 2 years old—Jas Clemens, 1st.
- Mule 1 year old—S M Laird, 1st; R M Mosby, 2d.
- Pair matched mules, L P Scott, 1st.
- Bulls 3 years old and over—J C Jenkins, 1st, Jas E Duncan, 2d.
- Bulls 2 years old—J C Jenkins, 1st.
- Bulls 1 year old—Lewis Conner, 1st, J. C Terrill.
- Bull calves—J C Jenkins, 1st; J E Duncan, 2d.
- Cows 3 years old and over—J C Jenkins, 1st and 2d.
- Heifers 2 years old—J C Jenkins, 1st; Lewis Conner, 2d.
- Heifer calf—J C Jenkins, 1st; Lewis Conner, 2d.
- Bull 2 years old—V Shinkle, 1st.
- Cow 3 years old and over—V Shinkle, 1st.
- Heifer 2 years old—V Shinkle, 1st.
- Heifer calf—V Shinkle, 1st.
NATIVE AND GRADE CATTLE.
- Bull 2 years old—B S Gaines, 1st.
- Bull 1 year old—O P Cobb, 1st and 2d.
- Cow 3 years old and over—O P Cobb, 1st; J C Terrill, 2d.
- Heifer 2 years old—B L Gaines, 1st; O P Cobb, 2d.
- Heifer 1 year old—J C Terrill, 1st; O P Cobb, 2d.
- Heifer calf—J C Terrill, 1st; T Hansell, 2d.
HERD OF CATTLE–Lewis Conner.
MILCH COWS–Vinson Shinkle.
- Fat bullock—J G Jenkins.
- Fat cow—Lewis Conner.
- Oxen 4 years old and over—E Cole.
SWEEPSTAKES ON CATTLE.
- Bull of any age—J C Jenkins.
- Cow of any age—J C Jenkins.
- Boar 2 years old and over—O P Cobb, 1st and 2d.
- Sow 3 years old—O P Cobb, 1st.
- Sow 1 year old—O P Cobb, 1st.
- Pair shoats under 6 months—Enos Buffington.
- Sow and pigs—O P Cobb, 1st.
FINE WOOL SHEEP.
- Buck over 2 years old—M Guard, 1st.
- Buck 1 year old—E Butterfield, 1st; M. Guard, 2d.
- Ewe—M Guarad, 1st; Jehiel Buffington, 2d.
- Lambs, 2 in number—E Butterfield, 1st.
LONG WOOL SHEEP.
- Buck over 1 year old—Perry Small, 1st.
- Lambs, 2 in number—J C Terrill, 1st.
MIDDLE WOOL SHEEP.
- Buck over 2 years old—L P Scott, 1st and 2d.
- Ewe—J C Terrill, 1st.
- Lambs, 2 in number—A D Hopping, 1st; J C Terrill, 2d.
- Pair Black Spanish fowls—J H Denton.
- Pair Brahms fowls—W Humfeldt.
- Pair Dunghill fowls—John Bruce.
- Pair turkeys—Jas Clements.
- Pair geese—W Humfeldt.
- Collection of poultry—W Humfeldt.
- Half bushel Irish potatoes—Mrs. E A Shoup.
- Specimen early potatoes—J L Holman.
- Collection potatoes—S E Cole.
- Half dozen beets—Thos. Chisman.
- Half dozen cabbage—Thos Chisman.
- Half bushel onions—Jas Clements.
- Peck tomatoes—S Humfeldt.
- Fourth dozen pumpkins—Thos Chisman.
- Fourth dozen squashes—E A Shoup
- Fourth dozen watermelons—H McQuithey.
- Collection of vegetables—Thos Chisman.
GRAIN AND SEEDS.
- Half bushel white corn in ear—Geo Johnson.
- Half bushel yellow corn in ear—Henry Buffington
- Display of corn—Jos Parks.
- Half bushel white wheat—John Bruce.
- Half bushel rye—Thos Hansell.
- Half bushel barley—E Butterfield.
- Half bushel Fax seed—John Bruce.
- Half bushel timothy seed—John Bruce.
Continuation of the Awards of Premiums.
FRUITS AND FLOWERS.
- Specimen of fall apples—E D Hunt, 1st; Jas Noble, 2d.
- Specimen of winter apples—Jas Noble, 1st; O P Cobb, 2d.
- Display of winter apples—Jas Clements.
- Specimen of pears—J House, 1st; A Hill, 2d.
- Display of pears—John House.
- Specimen of peaches—A Hill, 1st; W C Buffington, 2d.
- Display of peaches—Strawder Cheek.
- Specimen plums—J H McQuithey.
- Specimen grapes—Mrs. J Platter, 1st; Mrs. Porter, 2d.
- Display of grapes—Strawder Cheek.
- Bouquet—Mrs. Porter.
- Half dozen quinces—Joshua Terrill.
- Hoe—Hiram Smith.
- Corn Planter—B N McHenry.
- Mowing Machine—Champion Machine Co.
- Two Horse Harrow—E Greer.
- Farm Gate—C C Kelsey.
MECHANICAL AND CHEMICAL PRODUCTS.
- Display of cooperage—John M Dolson.
- Display of tinware—F Mulbarger.
- Buggy—H Fisk & Bros.
- Spring wagon—H Fisk & Bros.
- Display of saddle work—J N Milburn, agent.
- Sewing machine—Wheeler & Wilson’s, J W Perkins.
- Washing machine—Holcomb & Snyder.
- Five yards linsey—Mrs. G W Clark.
- Five yards flannel—Mrs. G W Clark.
- Five yards jeans—Mrs. G W Clark.
- Five yards rag carpet—Mrs. G W Clark
- Pair home made blankets—Mrs. Jas Clemens.
- Pair woolen knit socks—Mrs. G W Clark.
- Pair woolen knit stockings—Mrs. G W Clark.
- Pound woolen yarn—Mrs. Jas Clemens.
- Foot mat—Jennie Little.
- Hearth rugh—Flora Wood.
- Ten yards fulled cloth—Lawrenceburg Woolen Mills.
- Comfort—Mrs. G W Clark.
- Quilt—Miss Lizzie Givan, 1st; Mrs. M A Vail, 2d.
- Silk dress—Miss S A Vail.
- Woolen dress—Miss S A Vail.
- Calico dress—Mrs. N B Cunningham.
- Child’s sack or dress—Miss Lizzie Givan.
- Shirt—Mrs. S P Williams.
- On canvass—Miss Mary Giegoldt.
- On cloth—Mrs. McClellan.
- On silk—Miss Emma Glardon.
- On linen—Miss Emma Glardon.
- On muslin—Miss Emma Glardon.
- On merino—Mrs. McClellan.
- Cotton—Mrs. Thos Pattison, Miss E Wood.
- Woolen—Miss Mary Giegoldt.
- Silk—Miss S A Vail.
- Tatting—Miss Jane Kerr.
- Shell work—Miss Jennie Little.
- Bead work—Miss Mary Giegoldt.
- Five pounds butter—Mrs. A Parks, 1st; Miss Maggie Small, 2d; Mrs. Jas Clemens, 2d.
- Ten pounds cheese—Mrs. G W Clark.
- Specimen dried fruit—Mrs. S P Williams.
- Specimen dried vegetables—Mrs. S P Williams.
- Collection dried fruit and vegetables—Mrs. J Clemens.
- Specimen—Mrs. M A Wood, 1st; Mrs. John Hornberger, 2d.
- Display—Mrs. S P Williams.
- Specimen—Mrs. M A Wood, 1st; Miss Maggie Small, 2d.
- Display—Miss Maggie Small.
- Specimen—Mrs. S A Vail, 1st; Mrs. M A Wood, 2d.
- Specimen—Mrs. M A Wood, 1st; Miss S A Vail, 2d.
- Display sour pickles—Mrs. S P Williams, 1st; Mrs. E A Shoup, 2d.
BREAD AND CAKES.
- Loaf salt rising bread—Miss Emma Pihtter.
- Loaf yeast rising bead—Miss Mary Bruce.
- Loaf corn bread—Mrs. S P Williams.
- Loaf rye bread—Mrs. S P Williams.
- Sample cake—Miss Flora Wood.
- Collection bread and cakes—Mrs. S P Williams.
- Sample maple sugar—E Buffington.
- Five pounds honey—C C Kelsey.
- Maples molasses—Mrs. A Parks.
- Catsup—Mrs. Thos Pattison.
- Native wine—Mrs. E A Shoup.
- Miss A A Wertz, 1st; Miss E Roberts, 2d; Miss America Glore, 3d; Miss Salena Bedunnah, 4th.
(Articles for which no special premiums are offered are entered in this class, and committees, in passing upon them, note such as are worthy of premiums, and the society awards such cash premiums as they may be entitled to. There being this year no funds to devote to that purpose, there will be no premiums paid upon the awards published below:)
- Half bushel orchard grass—Thos Hansell.
- Flax Linen—Mrs. G W Clark.
- Portable dry house—G F Boswell.
- Carved work—J W Stewart.
- Collection curiosities—Miss Alice Kingsbury.
- Patent buggy spring—Wenzel Kotsem.
- Patent sand screen—Julius Severin.
- Family carriage—H Fisk & Bros.
- Specimen penmanship—John Stier.
- Necktie—Miss Jennie Little.
- Specimen rusk—Miss Jennie Little.
- Miniature vessel—Capt D Stark.
- Miniature whatnot—Capt D Stark.
- Lady’s scrap basket—Capt D Stark.
- Half bushel onions from seed—Thos Crisman.
- Corn starch—Willie E Williams
- Wire hay rope—S Cheek.
- Shaft coupling—Jas Lamb.
- Paper cross—Mrs. J N Milburn.
- Lamb knitting machine—Miss Gussie Cochran.
- Tidy—Miss Lizzie Sweet.
- Thread lace—Mrs. Sarah Porter.
- Half bushel spring wheat—Abram Holt.
- Hops—Thos Chisman.
- Black rabbit—Albert Pryor.
- Pepper plant—Jas Clemens.
- Cooking stove—Nathaniel Dyke Jr.
- Heating stove—Nathaniel Dyke Jr.