Report of Sycamore School,
District No. 8, for the term commencing September 15, 1878, and ending March 13, 1879:
- Number of pupils enrolled during the term, 30
- Average daily attendance, 22
- Number of days of school term, 120
Proficiency in Reading:
- Class No. 1—Maggie Powell, Laura Houze
- Class No. 2—Lydia Powell, Albert Liggett, Rhoda Lostutter
- Class No. 3—Charlie Liggett
- Class No. 4—Edith Lostutter, Anna Sachiehem
- Class No. 5—Willie Traw
- Class No. 6—Andie Detmer
Proficiency in Orthography: Laura Houze, Maggie Powell, Lydia Powell, Rhoda Lostutter, Anna Belle Wiley, Edith Lostutter, Marvin Powell.
Proficiency in Penmanship:
- Between 15 and 21 years of age: Jennie Powell
- Between 12 and 15: Willie Molique, Sammie Powell
- Between 6 and 12: Anna Molique, Rhoda Lostutter
Proficiency in Map Drawing: Will Lostutter, Cornelius Powell
Proficiency in Elocution: Anna Molique, Maggie Powell
Regular Attendance: Anna Belle Wiley, George Lostutter, Will Lostutter, Charlie Liggett, Sammie Powell.
Pupils receiving the highest grade in the school: George Lostutter, Maggie Powell, Laura Houze.
ALICE FORD, Teacher.