An Act to incorporate the Vevay Band of Musicians.
- That William Patton, John K. Brooks, Isaac Stevens, Selden Golay, William W. Morrow, Franklin Dufour, John Lewis Thieband, Victor Kessler, Thomas Armstrong Jr., and Henry H. Humber, of the county of Switzerland, State of Indiana, and their associates and successors, be, and they are hereby constituted a body politic and corporate, and shall be known by the name and style of the “Vevay Band.”
An act to incorporate the Dearborn County Cotton Manufacturing Company and for other purposes.
- That Pinkney James, C. G. W. Comegeys, David Macy, Omer Tousey and Daniel S. Major, together with such other persons as may associate for the purpose of prosecuting a general business, but the more especially the manufacturing and spinning of cotton, to be established and located at or near the town of Lawrenceburgh, Dearborn county, be, and the same are hereby ordained, constituted and declared to be a body politic and corporate, to all intents and purposes, to be known and designated by the name of the “Lawrenceburgh Trading and Manufacturing Company.”
An Act concerning State Roads.
- That Peter Harper, William Lee and Benjamin Pecket of the county of Switzerland are appointed commissioners to mark, locate and establish a State road, beginning where the Ross township road intersects the road leading from Madison to Lawrenceburgh, thence a northwesterly course by way of Willey’s chapel to the State road leading from New York in said county of Switzerland to Versailles in Ripley county, at or near the farm of Lemuel Wiley.
An Act for the relief of William McCulloch, deputy collector of the state and county revenue of Cotton township, Switzerland county, State of Indiana, for the year 1841.
- That the treasurer of Switzerland county, be, and he is hereby authorized and required to pay to William McCulloch, deputy collector of Cotton township, Switzerland county, for the year 1841, or to his legal representative, the sum of twenty dollars out of the revenue of the State in his hands, and that he take a receipt therefor from the said William McCulloch, or his legal representative, which shall be a sufficient voucher for said treasurer in making settlement with the Auditor of Public Accounts, and for which said Auditor is required to allow a credit to the said treasurer.
An Act for the relief of certain persons therein named.
- That the agent for loaning the surplus revenue in the county of Switzerland, be, and he is hereby authorized to take and receive of and from, Stephen G. Peabody and James Dalmazzo, (the securities of Causby M. Lewis) the sum of four hundred dollars in full satisfaction of a certain judgment rendered against them, in favor of the State of Indiana, at the April term, 1839, of the Switzerland circuit court.
An Act declaring certain names a misprint, and for other purposes.
- That the names of Ladig Rons and Benjamin Detruz, in the first section of an act entitled, “an act relating to the trustees of Vevay Seminary,” approved January 18th, 1842, are hereby declared to be misprints, and that the names of Ladig Rons and Benjamin Detruz were intended to be Zadig Rons and Benjamin Detraz.
An Act declaring a certain name a misprint, and for other purposes.
- That the name of Simon Slawson in the first section of an act entitled “an act respecting a county seminary, and the seminary funds of the county of Switzerland,” approved, January 19th, 1828, is hereby declared a misprint, and that the name of Simon Slawson was intended to be Simeon Slawson.