Ohio County Probate Records
Ohio County was a part of Dearborn County prior to 1844. See Dearborn County Probate Records for those records.
Probate records take 4 different forms. Will books record wills that have been approved and probated. Order Books give the day to day court proceedings of the Probate Court. Complete Record Books contain the full record of settled estates. Packets contain all the loose papers filed to the Probate Court.
Read more about Indiana probate records on the GenWishList blog.
Learn more what records, indexes and abstracts are available for Ohio County, Indiana:
- Probate Order Books
- Probate Complete Record Books
- Probate Packets have not been microfilmed or digitized. They are available at the Ohio County Courthouse.
- Will Books
- Ohio County Will Index, 1845-1981
- Ohio County Complete Probate Records Index, 1844-1911
- Ohio County Probate Order Book Index, 1844-1859
- Indiana, Wills and Probate Records, 1798-1999 (Ancestry.com)
- Indiana State Library
- Index to estates, 1860-1907
- Complete Order Books, 1844-1911
- Probate Order Book Indexes, 1844-1900
- Probate Order Books, 1844-1880, 1883-1981
- Wills, 1843-1981
- Family History Library
- Probate Records, 1844-1911
- Wills, 1845-1981