Graduates of the Aurora High School.
The fifth annual exercises (and not the fourth as inadvertently stated last week) of the graduating class, eight in number, of the above named institution, took place at the M.E. Church, on last Friday evening, before a crowded audience. The following are the names of the young ladies and gentlemen who received diplomas on the occasion, together with the titles of their graduating essays:
- Harry E. Bond—American Citizenship
- Miss Emma Platter—Woman’s Education
- Miss Lizzie Schipper—Night brings out the Stars
- Miss Altie Winkley—Idleness, the Burial of the Living
- Miss Frances Wilcox—Undercurrents
- Miss Mary Watts—Patriotism
- Jno. F. Giegoldt—Immigration
- Miss Ella M. Melson—Unwritten Laws
The exercises were interspersed by music, Prof. Ekert of Cincinnati presiding at the organ.