LIST of Awarding Committees
For the Ninth Annual Fair of the Dearborn County Agricultural Society, to be Held at Aurora, 25th to 29th September, 1860.
Live Stock Department.
Sec. 1. HORSES FOR ALL PURPOSES.
- John Pope, Boone County, Kentucky.
- John Brumly, Sparta
- James Holmes, Ohio County
- Mr. Vancrowley, Dillsboro
- Asbury Stage, Center Township
Sec. 2. FARM AND DRAUGHT HORSES.
Robert H Given, Sparta Township
- Robert Mosby, Kentucky
- John R. Cole, Washington
- Henry Wood, Manchester
- Henry Miller, Ohio County
Sec. 3. ROADSTERS.
- Joseph C Jenkins, Kentucky
- Joseph S. Beckett, Washington
- Benjamin Tibbitts, Manchester
- Joseph Kittle, Ohio County
- John Crozier, Sparta Township
Sec. 4. HORSES FOR THE SADDLE.
- John Terrill, Boone County, Kentucky
- George Clark, Manchester
- Smith L Moore, Sparta Township
- John W Barricklow, Ohio County
- James S Hull, Ripley County
Sec. 5. MATCHED HORSES AND MONGREL RACE.
- Capt. Richard Parker, Kentucky
- John I. French, Ohio County
- William V. Cheek, Ripley County
- A. J. Alden, Jackson Township
- Harvey Cole, Caesars Creek
Sec. 6. SWEEPSTAKES ON HORSES.
- David G. Rabb, Ohio County
- Col. R. H. Bot[?]s, Kentucky
- John Mathews, Clay Township
- B. Bradley, Lawrenceburg
- James D. English, Sparta Township
Sec. 1. MULES AND JACKS.
- Benjamin Ewbank, Miller
- George W. Terrill, Kentucky
- Lewis Bailey, Ohio County
- John Cornforth, Washington
- Thomas Curtis, Center Township
Sec. 1. DURHAM CATTLE.
- William Bailey, senior, Ripley
- William Murray, Ohio County
- Col. J. H. Walton, Kentucky
- George Cornelius, Sparta Township
- William Gerard, Ohio County
Sec. 2. NATIVE AND GRADE CATTLE.
- Richard Stephens, Kentucky
- James White, Ripley County
- Joseph Trester, Center Township
- Walter Kerr, Center Township
- William Emmerson, Miller
Secs. 3 and 4. OXEN, FAT CATTLE AND SHEEP.
- J. J. Backman, Center Township
- A P Marshall, Kentucky
- William Bowman, Ohio County
- S. A. Bundy, Center Township
Sec. 5. SWEEPSTAKES ON CATTLE.
- William Snyder, Petersburg, Kentucky
- William Dickerson, Ripley County
- John Spidel, Hogan Township
- Harrison Abbitt, Washington
- John Shanks, Miller
- James A. Wilson, Kentucky
Secs. 1 and 2. HOGS AND SWEEPSTAKES ON HOGS.
- Joel Lynn, Washington
- James N. Stephens, Kentucky
- William B. Miller, Sparta Township
- Elijah Huffman, Hogan Township
- John Whiteford, Ohio County
Secs. 1 and 2. FINE AND LONG-WOOLED SHEEP.
- George Randall, Washington
- Thomas Hansell, Manchester
- Benjamin M. Allen, Kentucky
- B. P. Boardman, Hogan
- Elijah Lindsay, Center Township
- Theodore Gazley, Lawrenceburg
- James Reed, Washington Township
- Mrs. John Terrill, Kentucky
- Mrs. George H. Riggs, Center Township
- Mrs. Ira Kimble, Hogan Township
Secs. 1 and 2.
- Daniel Hopping, Center Township
- Isaac Bruce, Hogan Township
- Col. D. H. Mirick, Kentucky
- Edward Squibb, Ohio County
- Hiram Chance, Sr., Sparta
Secs. 1 and 2. FRUITS.
- R. Randal, Boone County, Kentucky
- B. F. Ferris, Ripley County
- Stephen Day, Manchester Township
- Mrs. Jesse Holman, Center Township
- Mrs. Henry Small, Center Township
- Mrs. Dr. Torbet, Hogan Township
Sec. 3. FLOWERS.
- Miss V. Snyder, Kentucky
- Miss Clara Davis, Ohio County
- Miss Jennie Taylor, Center Township
- Miss Dollie Cordry, Hogan Township
- Miss Louisa Greer, Washington
Secs. 1, 2 and 3. PLOWS, REAPERS, &c.
- Phillip G. Holmes, Kentucky
- G. A. Reynolds, Center Township
- John Tufts, Washington
- M. B. Kerr, Center Township
- Freeman Plummer, Manchester
Secs. 1 and 2.
- William I. Edwards, Center
- James Calvert, Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
- A Bloom, Center Township
- John C Moore, Sparta Township
- Amos Noyce, Manchester Township
Sec. 1. DOMESTIC MANUFACTURES.
- Mrs. Samuel Calvert, Kentucky
- Mrs. S. M. Conger, Manchester
- Mrs. John McConnel, Washington
- Mrs. Cyrus Canfield, Hogan
- Mrs. Eliza Bradley, Lawrenceburg
Secs. 2 and 3. DOMESTIC MANUFACTURES MADE BY MACHINERY.
- John G. Gaines, Kentucky
- Thomas Durbin, Ohio County
- Lofford Faulkner, Sparta Township
- I T Campbell, Center Township
- Elias Kerr, Hogan Township
Sec 1. DAIRY PRODUCTS.
- Mrs. B. P. Boardman, Hogan Township
- Mrs. Maj. John H. Walton, Kentucky
- Mrs. Samuel M. Kennedy, Manchester
- Mrs. Milton Taylor, York Township
- Miss Cofield, Ohio County
Sec. 2. FANCY NEEDLEWORK.
- Miss Eliza Smith, Hogan Township
- Miss Pamelia S. Stephens, Kentucky
- Mrs. Rebecca Gray, Clay Township
- Miss Mary Riggs, Center Township
- Miss Mary Armel, Center Township
Sec. 3. PAINTING AND DRAWING.
- Mrs. Johd H. Ferry, Center Township
- Miss Margaret Spangler, Petersburg, Kentucky
- Miss Margaret Smith, Rising Sun
- Miss Nora Johnson, Manchester
- Mrs. Amos Crozier, Hogan Township
Secs. 4, 5, and 6. CANNED FRUIT, FRUIT BUTTER AND JELLIES.
- Mrs. Richard Stephens, Kentucky
- Mrs. Mary Armstrong, Hogan Township
- Mrs. D. Wilson, Manchester Township
- Mrs. Enoch Lindsay, Washington Township
- Mrs. Hannah S. WInkley, Center Township
Secs. 7 and 8. PRESERVES & PICKLES.
- Mrs. Arthur P. Marshall, Kentucky
- Mrs. John Spiel, Hogan Township
- Mrs. Thomas Spignal, Hogan Township
- Mrs. Harrison Abbitt, Washington Township
- Mrs. Lyman T. Smith, Sparta Township
Sec. 9. BREAD AND CAKES.
- Mrs. Joshua Brewington, Hogan Township
- Mrs. James Younker, Washington Township
- Mrs. Nathan Allen, Kentucky
- Mrs. Noah C. Durham, Manchester Township
- Mrs. John Mathews, Clay Township
Sec. 1. MISCELLANEOUS.
- Mrs. D. G. Rabb, Ohio County
- Mrs. Thomas N. Stephens, Kentucky
- Mrs. Charles Ewan, Sparta Township
- Mrs. Vernon Churchill, Sparta Township
- Mrs. Freeman Plummer, Manchester
Sec. 2. TABLE COMFORTS.
- Mrs. Wm. C. Berkshire, Petersburg, Kentucky
- Mrs. Ephraim Butterfied, Manchester
- Mrs. H. S. Loyd, Sparta Township
- Mrs. Lewis A. Loder, Petersburg, Kentucky
- Richard Gregg, Ohio County
- Levi Boyd, Sparta Township
- Jesse Wilson, Washington Township
- Amor Stevenson, Manchester Township
- T C S Ryle, Kentucky
- Joshua Seth, Center
- Cyrus Canfield, Hogan
- R Gregg, Ohio County
- Levi Boyd, Sparta
The Executive Committee will decide on the Field Crops.
H. F. WRIGHT, Secretary.